Tuesday, March 29, 2011

WitFit prompt Mar 28 - Let's blow this joint...

I woke up on my own; no alarm clock needed, and before I even opened my eyes I knew I was surrounded by the familiarity that was my old bed at Charlie’s house. How long had it been since I woke up here? I really didn’t even want to think about it. Snuggling in, I appreciated the fact that the pillows and mattress were still molded perfectly to my form one last time before I had to get up.
Breathing in deeply, I could smell… Bacon. Charlie must have gone to the diner for some breakfast take out. Wow. He really was trying to butter me up. I couldn’t help the smile that grew across my face at the thought.  I am not really a morning person so smiling before I open my eyes is a major accomplishment.
I could hear Charlie’s new flat screen TV playing softly downstairs. There was a gentle crackle so I decided he must be watching some old seventies movie. Only Charlie would get a new TV and watch old movies.
“Hey dude, let’s blow the joint,” I heard a young man’s voice grumble across the screen.
A sigh escaped my throat and reality began to creep back in to my consciousness.
I am right there with ya ‘dude’… You and me both, you and me both.
With a groan, I sat up to get out of the bed.
“That you Bells?” Charlie called up the stairs.
“Yeah Dad, I’m getting up.”
I threw my feet over the edge, slid them into an old pair of slippers and scuttled toward the stairs refusing to turn my head in the direction of any mirror. Thankfully there weren’t many in this house so it wasn’t that hard to do. I wasn’t ready to face the image that would confront me yet.
Even though I wanted to remain in the comfort of my childhood bed forever, I was ready to get this day over with and get the hell outta Forks.
Disclaimer: All copyrights, trademarked items, or recognizable characters, plots, etc. mentioned herein belong to their respective owners. No copying or reproduction of this work is permitted without their express written authorization

No comments:

Post a Comment